GIP members may publish job advertisements in the field of Inverse Problems here by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
University Assistant with doctorate at University of Graz
The Institute of Mathematics and Scientific Computing is looking for a University Assistant with doctorate (https://jobs.uni-graz.at/en/MB/187/99/6313) (40 hours a week; fixed-term employment for the period of 6 years; position to be filled as of now )
- Research in applied mathematic with emphasis on the analysis and the numerics of problems in mathematical image processing and inverse problems
- Collaboration in interdisciplinary cooperation projects and third-party funded projects
- Independent teaching of courses in the field of applied mathematics, supervision of students and holding of exams
- Participation in organizational and administrative matters
- Doctoral degree in a mathematical branch of study
- Solid knowledge of mathematical methods in image processing, inverse problems and numercial mathematics
- Knowledge of functional analysis, geometric measure theory, continuous mathematical optimization and its efficient algorithmic realization (desirable)
- Ability for integration into the institute’s research profile and in particular into interdisciplinary cooperation projects
- Capacity for teamwork, organizational talent and ability to communicate
- Ability to teach in German language
Salary scheme of the Universitäten-KV (University Collective Agreement): B1
The minimum salary as stated in the collective agreement and according to the classification scheme is EUR 3889.50 gross/month. This minimum salary may be higher due to previous employment periods eligible for inclusion and other earnings and remunerations.
We offer you a job with a lot of responsibility and variety. You can expect an enjoyable work climate, flexible work hours and numerous possibilities for further education and personal development. Take advantage of the chance to enter into a challenging work environment full of team spirit and enthusiasm for your job.
Application Deadline: October 7th 2020
Reference Number: MB/187/99 ex 2019/20
The University of Graz strives to increase the proportion of women in particular in management and faculty positions and therefore encourages qualified women to apply.
Especially with regard to academic staff, we welcome applications from persons with disabilities who meet the requirements of the advertised position.
If you are interested, please submit your application documents (CV, certificates, etc.) before the stated deadline. Make sure to indicate the reference number on your application to:
For further information, Prof. Kristian Bredies is at your disposal at the telephone number +43 (0) 316 / 380 – 5170.